Rescuing, Sheltering and Rehoming Companion Animals in the Columbia Valley of BC since 2007

Companions

Get to know some of our furry residents… they’re as diverse as our community.   Grey Kittens

All of our companions come from different walks of life, just like us!  Some of these animals were living the high life in loving homes before they came to us.  Others had been down on their luck for quite a while.  But no matter what their past life, they are now ready to make a new life with you!

The majority of companion animals that ICAN takes into its shelter are felines. Adult Cats and Kittens make up about 95% of the animals we assist in any given year.  The other 5% are guardian surrendered dogs and small animals.  All dogs are set up in foster care as our current facility is not equipped to house them.

We average an adoption rate of 100 – 120 companions per year.  Again, most of these are cats and kittens who come to us as strays or guardian surrenders, but some are even born at ICAN!

The longest an animal has stayed with us at the shelter was 2½ years before being adopted into a loving home. All animals in our care will remain with us until they are adopted, no matter how long it takes. And should some never be adopted, ICAN will be their forever home.

We welcome visitors and invite you to call us at 250-341-7888 to set up a time where you can stop by.

Ready for Adoption
Success Stories
Lost Companions 
Found Companions
Fostering
Feral Cats